Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peyote Cuff Bracelet



(Christina Cuff)

This was the second peyote cuff that I made. Peyote stitched beads feel really nice against the skin. I made a couple rings too, because they don't take as long and I wanted to practice. Did I mention that you stitch through every single bead, one at a time?!

I have discovered that there was a reason some of the first beads that I bought were cheap. Not round, not uniform, some with no holes, some whose colour ended up on my fingers... I like "Delicas", small beads from Japan, the best for weaving projects due to their uniform, cylindrical shape. They fit together like bricks. They are however, very small. Not good for someone with tremors!


(zipper pull done in peyote)

I have some beads lined up for a third cuff - this one will be for me! It will be similar to the one I made for Christina (see "Christina Cuff" above), but a dark brown colour, different closure and maybe some embellishments. OK, it will probably be nothing like Christina's! I will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment