Friday, August 27, 2010

Sterling Silver wire does not like me.

I'm in a wire wrapped ring phase. Dilemma: I take pride in the fact that I use quality components in my jewelry, but I am finding craft wire so much easier to work with. The sterling silver is just too springy and I can't control it. I've been using Artistic non-tarnish wire and I really like it. I needed to order some more, but found a good deal on Parawire, which I assume is the same. I shall soon find out.

Here's what I've been working on:


I'm really disappointed in the light grey Swarovski  pearls. You can see patches where the finish has scraped off. I got some darker grey ones from a different supplier (Northern Beads) and they seem ok. I hate to dis Beads & Plenty More, 'cause they've been able to help me many times when I needed something last minute . I wonder if maybe they were in storage for too long. Or maybe they weren't really Swarovski. I should really take them back. I'll have more ring pics later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment